Thursday 24 February 2011

Beginning a new

And so it begins. Again.

I used to be a prolific blogger at University. Back in mid 2004 my old institution decided to get in on the whole blogging aspect of the web (in order to make money, we assume...) and gave every student the opportunity to set up a blog. I did so and, although I say so myself, my chattings became quite popular at one point.

I wasn't selling anything, I wasn't reviewing (apart from one film), I didn't have any campaign to back as such: I was just talking. It did fairly well. Narcissistic, sure - but that doesn't mean it wasn't serving a purpose. As my memory is akin to that of a goldfish ><> I find that it would be very helpful to have my thoughts, feelings and writings recorded somewhere again - so that I don't have to go through an entire mental process from scratch to remember what my conclusions were.

When I left Uni and started doing other things with my life (eventually) I had less time to blog, so in September 2009 I stopped. I didn't shut it down or announce my intention to go - I just stopped posting. The blog is still there with all the articles, though they are hidden for the moment. I have to go back through and edit out posts that are of a somewhat more personal nature: Like most people who blog it contains posts from when I was less than happy. Blogs can act as an outlet, particularly for the more anonymous user, and mine was not an exception (which I just spelt 'acception' - *sigh*). However, that blog was under my real name and as such I need to tone-it-down, particularly as I'm getting close (ha! I was here 5 years ago) to the time when I might get a proper-job.

I turned my attentions to YouTube a couple of years ago and have now been posting videos for a little over a year. Admittedly my output has dropped off in the last 6 months - I like to put effort into the videos and as such I tend to spend short bursts on editing, usually well into the early hours: not healthy. As such - I often don't have the time and energy to make a video on subjects that would require a good deal of scripting and editing, particularly because I have a habit of not being able to vocalise what I wish to say: I might know the words, but I'm a terrible gabbler. And mutterer.

So, as well as posting videos on YouTube and here, I have decided that you LUCKY people deserve to have my written word too. If you're reading this, and them, I hope you enjoy. But at the very least I shall enjoy re-reading everything I have written, because the chances are I'll forget what I've said in due course.

Thanks.

Enter the Widget - First 'proper' video. Sept '09. If you're interested.


Ps - I love commas and my grammar is shite. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment